Total Pageviews

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Color Study-6, Leighann Foster


Buy a work of ART for a unique gift.
This is a color study. I used a ten color, color wheel and chose one color and its opposite. I made one of these colors the dominant color. Then I chose two colors two colors away on either side of one of the original colors and used them the least. I didn’t focus too much on value but mostly on thickness of paint, placement of the colors and texture. I do these color studies as a change from my regular work and to find a color plan for a future painting. It is quite liberating to detach myself and invent compositions without imagery.

Oil on gesso board
5” X 5”
$50.00 plus shipping
Leighann Foster, foster3@gvtc.com

Website, www.leighannfoster.com
Find new and archival work.
Website, www.artistswhoteach.org
Find an instructor and see great artwork.
Blog, www.leighannfoster.blogspot.com
Find drawings and paintings on SALE.

No comments:

Post a Comment