Total Pageviews

Thursday, January 12, 2017

Eva's Dress and Shoes



Eva's Dress and Shoes

This dress belonged to my husband's mother and it is home sewn. I don't know if she sewed it herself or someone else did in or around the 60's. The fabric is a polyester and very soft and comfortable. I found some shoes in an antiques shop that might have looked like something she would have owned. This style of shoe spans quite a few decades as a reliable standby.

I painted the dress in grayscale to understand the folds and then I painted the pattern on top. I created a circular movement with the diagonal fold in the skirt leading to the shoes then up to the neckline with the gathers. Your eye is led to the hanger and down the sleeve on the right and back to the shoes. I wanted the shoes to blend in with the shadows to create a lost edge. When you squint your eyes you see an interesting dark shape that frames the dress. 

12 X 16
Oil on canvas board
$960.00 - plus shipping, contact the artist 

email, foster3@gvtc.com
www.leighannfoster.com
www.leighannfoster.blogspot.com
www.artistswhoteach.org

No comments:

Post a Comment