Total Pageviews

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Apple Betty-SOLD


Buy a work of ART for a unique gift.
Apple Betty or Apple Brown Betty is a simple American dessert made from fruit (usually apple) and sweetened crumbs. The recipe is thought to date back to Colonial times. A Brown Betty dessert is unfavorably mentioned in J. D. Salinger's 1951 classic novel The Catcher in the Rye where it is described as typical unpleasant boarding school fare.

Again I have the finished painting, the value study, and color study. I find out a lot about the painting when I do this along with a detailed drawing of the still life. I find shapes and relationships I didn’t notice before. In the value study I am able to create a dominant value and see patterns. I grouped the items in two’s and three’s for a three spot, triangular composition. In doing so I have diagonals from the nutmeg to the apples in the back and from the orange juice to the nutmeg. Then I put the light on the apples in the background to emphasize the main subject. I am always looking for soft and hard edges, transparent, and opaque color passages.
Oil on gesso board
9“ x 12”
$435.00 plus shipping-not a sale item
Leighann Foster, foster3@gvtc.com
Find new and archival work.
Find an instructor and see great artwork.
Find Drawings and Paintings on SALE.

No comments:

Post a Comment