Total Pageviews

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Cowboy Coffee Cake-Sold

Buy a work of ART for a unique gift.
Cowboy Coffee Cake is part of my Recipe Series.
In this painting I decided not to include all of the ingredients for the coffee cake and just suggest what is going to be baked in the cast iron pan and concentrate on the coffee pot and cup full of coffee. I set my lighting up so the emphasis was on the coffee. Before I start a painting I set up the objects, make a drawing, a value study, and a color study. Having done this, I have a lot of decisions out of the way so all I have to do is paint the setup. On top of my mind is what story can I tell, what can I learn from this painting, and how can I make the application of paint interesting.

Oil on gesso board
12 “ x 9”
$435.00 plus shipping-not a sale item

Leighann Foster, foster3@gvtc.com
Find new and archival work.
Find an instructor and see great artwork.
Find Drawings and Paintings on SALE.

No comments:

Post a Comment