Total Pageviews

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Solar Bear-Leighann Foster

In this painting I bought sunglasses at the Dollar Store. I didn’t know where I was going with this one and it developed day by day.

Global warming was on my mind so I put the seven continents in each lens suggesting everyone needed to pay attention and see what was happening. The animal we hear the most about, it seems, is the Polar Bear and how it's losing its habitat. I went back to the Dollar Store and bought an ice cube tray, froze water, and took pictures of melting ice cubes for the bear to stand on. My Polar Bear became Solar Bear with sunglasses.

The background is glazed and has a semi gloss finish. The bear is matt and the red background is varnished to a high glass. I found out I could create space using different glossy, semi-glossy and matt finishes. I also beveled the edge and you can see it is painted a slightly darker color, as is the three-quarter edge/frame. The bear is framed and the edge is finished with paint so an additional frame isn’t necessary.
Oil on gesso deep cradle board
17" X 19" X 1.75" 
$1200.00, plus shipping

Leighann Foster, foster3@gvtc.com

Website, www.leighannfoster.com
Find new and archival work.

Website, www.artistswhoteach.org
Find an instructor and see great artwork.

Find drawings and paintings on SALE.  

No comments:

Post a Comment