Total Pageviews

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Vanity-Leighann Foster

 My inspiration for this painting came from wallpaper. The paper would have been hung in a ladies power room with its silver background and black line images of items a woman would use. I drew the images and glazed them several times to mute and push them back.

I found the glove box, gloves and necklace in an antique store. The box lid was underneath the box and had a gold trim. I immediately knew I was going to paint the box and frame it with a small narrow gold frame to make it look like the original lid. I place one glove and the necklace in the box and painted it and tried something different with the other glove. I drew it out on gesso board, cut it out with a coping saw, sanded the edges to make them round, and then painted the glove on the cutout. The boxed glove looks three-dimensional and so does the cut out of the second glove, but they seem to have different realities. They both stick out from the surface and are glued to the background. Again I beveled the edge of the background board and painted the sides so an additional frame isn’t needed. I am going to experiment more with cutting out images.

Oil on gesso deep cradle board
16" X 16" X 1.75" 
$1200.00, plus shipping

Leighann Foster, foster3@gvtc.com

Website, www.leighannfoster.com
Find new and archival work.

Website, www.artistswhoteach.org
Find an instructor and see great artwork.

Find drawings and paintings on SALE.  

No comments:

Post a Comment