Total Pageviews

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Accordion Rose-Leighann Foster

I am interested in working with still life, but not in the traditional manner. In this painting I am showing a top view of the background and a front to back view of the rose. Each has a different light source and I used direct painting for the rose and line drawing with glazing for the background.

Again my inspiration for the background was wallpaper. After I drew in the flower images I glazed the whole background with a medium colored pink. Then I taped it off to get the accordion look and painted the left sides lighter to make it look 3-D. I painted the edges and the depth with a transparent dark glaze. The flower pattern shows through all the transparent layers. I am keeping the framing within the canvas edge and painting the 1.5-inch sides so the painting does not need any additional framing.

I painted the rose in a traditional still life manner with the rose leaning over a tabletop casting a shadow on the front of the green tablecloth. This painting is framed and glued to the background.

Oil on gesso deep cradle board
10" X 10" X 1.75" 
$1000.00, plus shipping

Leighann Foster, foster3@gvtc.com

Website, www.leighannfoster.com
Find new and archival work.

Website, www.artistswhoteach.org
Find an instructor and see great artwork.

Find drawings and paintings on SALE. 

No comments:

Post a Comment