Total Pageviews

Friday, September 16, 2016

French Purse and Gloves


French Purse and Gloves

This painting is part of my series about subjects women are interested in like the sewing and needle arts, clothing, hats, shoes, dresses, jewelry, perfume, flowers, cooking, children, dolls. More specifically, things our mothers and grandmother included in their lives that expressed their feminine side or things they needed to be working women, wives and mothers.

I have painted this subject before but this time the purse is closed and the shadow is more prominent. I had to paint it twice this time to understand how to make the cast shadow look believable. I did the drawing first, then painted the wallpaper, then the purse and gloves. I softened edges as I went along so when I glazed in the shadows over the established color, the edges would remain soft. Sometimes I had to repaint areas next to the shadow while painting the shadow to express the soft edges. This painting has layers of steps as I brought it to completion. I rarely complete one area and move on to the next. This way I keep it open for adjustments.

12 X 16
Oil on canvas board
$768.00 - plus shipping, contact the artist 


email, foster3@gvtc.com
www.leighannfoster.com
www.leighannfoster.blogspot.com
www.artistswhoteach.org

No comments:

Post a Comment