Total Pageviews

Friday, September 16, 2016

Knitted Quilt


Knitted Quilt

This is a throw I knitted. The box is covered in satin and was probably used for sewing items.
I put this composition together and set up the lighting from front to back. My goal was to create space with overlapping, volume, diminishing shapes, and warm to cool colors. I drew the subject in with paint and brush and started by painting the center of interest. I had to change colors and color relationships to make it read well for the painting. This was difficult, but fun. Again this speaks about a subject women would be interested in.

12 X 16
Oil on canvas board
$775.00 - plus shipping, contact the artist 


email, foster3@gvtc.com
www.leighannfoster.com
www.leighannfoster.blogspot.com
www.artistswhoteach.org

No comments:

Post a Comment