Total Pageviews

Friday, September 16, 2016

Grandma's Creamer


Grandma's Creamer

This creamer belonged to my husband's grandmother. The rest of the items I put together to tell a story. The handkerchief is linen and has a hand crocheted edge. Women would buy commercial handkerchiefs and then add the decoration when needle skills were more popular. The box is a vintage glove box. The necklace is contemporary and the photo is from the 1,800's. I imagined his grandmother might have looked like this because she was born in this time period. I used bricks for the background as a symbol of strength and rigidity. And then there are the softer more feminine things that might have been in her life. I think this painting reflects many women even today. 

9 X 12
Oil on canvas board
$435.00 - plus shipping, contact the artist 


email, foster3@gvtc.com
www.leighannfoster.com
www.leighannfoster.blogspot.com
www.artistswhoteach.org

No comments:

Post a Comment